Monday, March 16, 2015

Monday 16th March 2015

The numbers on the scales are coming down - YAY!
Weighed in this morning at 104.8kg.
That's a 2.1kg loss in 2 weeks - I'm happy with that!
I started walking a couple of weeks back, to start with it was just to kindy with Jaynie and back again - I pleasant 3.8km round trip.  But then Jaynie flatly refused to walk to kindy anymore, cos she reckons it makes her "too tired to play".
Fair call, she does only have short legs :)
So last week I started walking after taking her to kindy and it was great!
I averaged around 5kms per day, and I loved it!
Tilly loved it too - she would just sit in the push chair and talk to herself the whole way!
Then, on Thursday I got a blister so bad that I had to take my shoe off and walk the last 2kms with only one shoe on!
The walking shoes that I have had for the past few years havent really seen that much action to be honest, and I now know why!
They are bloody hopeless!
Anyway, I took myself off to the "Atheltes Foot" on Friday and got fitted up for a proper pair!
Splashed out and got me some new socks too!
$311 later....
I havent had a chance to test them out yet!!!!
We were busy all weekend, and its raining today!
Hopefully tomorrow will be clear, and I can get out and pound the pavement - WITHOUT getting a blister!
Fingers crossed!!!

Actually - I just had a thought!
If it stops raining by the time I need to go get Jaynie from Kindy, I will taker her scooter with me and walk!!  That way, she can ride her scooter home and I can get in some exercise :)

Our house plans finally went to Council for consent on Friday, so now we just have to wait the 20 working days, and then we "should" be able to get started on the build!!
Our initial thoughts of being in by July have well and truly been squashed, but as long as we are in BEFORE Christmas, then I will be happy!
OK, not happy happy, but happy enough!!
I'm resigned to the fact that we will be here over winter, so I am getting prepared now...
I have 2 dehumidifiers, with another one coming (thanks to my lovely ma & pa), plus an oil column heater, and we have a load of firewood being delivered on Thursday as well.
!!
That should see us through I reckon :)

I tell ya what - Jeremy and I had a conversation on the weekend about the whole house building/renting thing etc...
At one point I just turned to him and said "Why the hell did we sell our house?", and he looked and me and said "I don't know!"
Turns out, we didn't need to, we never needed to, we just had it in our heads that we needed to free up some money.... WE DIDN'T!!!
We could have quite comfortably held on to that house until we were ready to move into the new place, and we could have even kept it as a rental once our new place was built!
In hindsight we didn't think it through at all, and we also didn't expect tit to sell so quickly either!
Lesson learnt!!

Bugger - it's raining again!
Might not get my walk in today after all :(










4 comments:

  1. Hi Jo, Glad things are going well with the walking and the weight loss - awesome effort. If ever you want to walk in the weekend get in touch I would gladly come join you. Even if you wanted to bring the girls along I am happy to push a buggy might even bring my grandie along. I having been walking since I have been on my weight loss journey and did Round the Bays a few weeks ago -1/2 marathon and felt fantastic. Since then have not done a lot but will need to get into it again, if not walking bike riding. Glad that you have your plans with the council and that they process these for you. Where did you get your firewood from? Have just got our chimney checked etc and will need to get the wood in soon before the winter season sets in. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say hope the council process your plans promptly and don't drag it out for to much longer. I feel your frustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello two digits!!! I love that feeling. You are so close! I am so jealous of the Mums who walk their kids to school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bloody hell, expensive shoes... or socks? lol
    I hope when you go walking again you do not get blisters with the new shoes.
    You sold ya house cos you wanted a pretty new one... yes? *smiles*

    ReplyDelete