Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Tuesday 20th January 2015

I'm struggling a bit at the moment...
Not with weight -although I'd be happier if the numbers were coming down and not just staying still!
I'm actually struggling with the loss of a couple of friendships that I thought were life-long!
It's weird... I've had these particular women in my life for a number of years, and now that they are gone, I'm actually grieving for them.
I know deep down that they were toxic to me and I didn't like the person I was starting to become when I was around them, but I will still miss them - isn't that just totally bizarre!?
I'm over the bitchiness, I'm too old for that shit!
Now, it's time to bring more positivity to my life, to learn how to make new friends, learn how to open up and let other people in, and learn how to appreciate the other fantastic friends that are in my life who actually make me want to be a better person!

Our moving day (into the rental) has been pushed back until Thursday night/Friday now, and although I was totally furious about it yesterday, today I've accepted it for what it is, and I'm just trying to go with the flow!
The rental actually belongs to Jeremys dad, and the tenants were evicted due to substantial arrears in rent.
Unfortunately, Jeremy's dad is far too soft to be a landlord, and in the two years that they were there, he never did a property inspection!
He is now paying the price, and there are a LOT of repairs to be done, which means more time required to complete them, and of course that means pushing our moving date back.
It's only a few days, but this "living in limbo" thing and having half the house packed up is starting to wear on my nerves!  
We were supposed to be moving today and only found out that we can't yesterday.... so we're living in amongst boxes and dismantled furniture!  
Of course I've also had to re-arrange the power/phone/SKY/internet connections, plus re-schedule the cleaner to come in here once we have gone...
It's all going to be rather tight, but I have to have faith that it will all go smoothly - no sense in stressing about something I have no control over :)
And, I also have to remember that a few days is the difference of moving in with freshly painted walls, new curtains, doors attached, no holes in the walls, new oven, new bathroom, and an intact front door (yes, it was that bad), or moving in to a hovel that I would never feel comfortable in having my kids in.
Easy decision really :)







8 comments:

  1. Give yourself time to grove the friendships that were then notice how much better you feel without these people in your life.

    The whole moving/building this is insanely stressful and this is only the beginning. Learn to accept what you can't change and to push when it is important. Think of the build as your job, you keep an eye on things, chase tradespeople, councils etc when they are too slow, be stupidly polite (but firm) to everyone even when you really want to smack them round the head with a frypan.

    Good luck with the move :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get what you mean about lost friendships - this happened to me when I was your age and it hit me really hard. But like you, these people had become toxic in my life. You will find more like minded people but the adjustment is hard. Good luck with the move to the rental - scary what bad tenants can do!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yip - adjustment IS hard :)
      Are you still blogging? I can't seem to find you anywhere?

      Delete
    2. Yes: http://livingthelifenz.blogspot.co.nz/

      I changed the name due to crazy spamming/hits from overseas.

      Delete
  3. So sorry about the friendships going. It happens... moving on is all you can do. I really struggle to make friends, and have virtually GIVEN UP here in Auckland. Most I meet stay as 'acquaintances' and nothing more. I don't think I am good at making friends! I hope you do better.
    As for the moving... try not to stress and all will work out in the end I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am here for you my friend. Sending hugs over to you xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can always reconnect with some old friends! Cara

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was excited to see an entry from you but sad that u are finding things a bit trying. I don't have many close friends near by guess that's why I rely on beautiful bloggers like you :) cant wait to hear all about the new house you are building. Take care x Di-Sydney

    ReplyDelete