It's feeling a lot like home!
And... strangely enough, I've been sleeping a whole lot better in this house than I was in our old house!
Strange because it's on a main road and there is a heck of a lot of traffic noise, but apart from the odd loud motorbike or boy racer car with a crappy exhaust, I don't actually notice it a lot!
I've cleaned this place to within an inch of its life, so I'm happy now we're here - it's certainly going to make us appreciate our new place a hell of a lot!
The gardens are severely overgrown, so I've got a guy coming in tomorrow to sort them out for me - I'm HOPELESS with gardening! So much so, that I've managed to kill two potted shrubs that I had! I'm gonna "Google" to see if there is anything at all that can be done to bring them back to life, but they were kinda "had it" when we got back from our Xmas holiday, and with all the hot hot hot weather we have had lately, I'm pretty sure that has finished them off!
I'm back on track with healthy (or healthier) eating, and I've cut down my wine consumption significantly! At one stage I was going through nearly a bottle a night!! Shocking, but true!
Weighed in this morning at 106.9kg. I'm actually happy with that!
Why? Well, at this time last year I was around the 116kg mark!
And.... It's Just a few kilos to lose to get back to my favourite double digits :)
I know I can do this!
I took the kids to McDonalds for lunch (long promised treat) and had a chicken salad with balsamic dressing - it was actually quite nice!!
Hi - I left a comment on my blog but thought I'd leave it here too...
ReplyDeleteMushroom sauce is easy! Saute about a cup or so of button mushrooms chopped up smallish. Deglaze pan with a little white wine (or stock), reduce a little then add cream. Perhaps half a cup? Season with salt and pepper and reduce down a little. My final flourish (not wheat free) is a teaspoon or so of Bisto supreme (sprinkled over). It gives great colour, thickens a little and adds flavour. You don't need to put this in but it does make it really good!
happy new year hugs lovely lady! Thought I'd pop in for a visit!
ReplyDelete