Saturday, January 10, 2015

Saturday 10th January 2015

Wow - what a month :)
We went on a camping holiday for 11 nights to Waihi Beach.  What a GORGEOUS place!
We all loved it and will definitely go back there anytime!
The Top 10 holiday park was just amazing - the staff made it that way I reckon!
The facilities were fantastic (for a camp ground) and the activities were exceptional!
They even put on a New Years Eve party complete with DJ and party lights - it was fantastic!
The kids loved it and had an absolute blast and the adults all had an amazing time too!
A few tensions here and there, but nothing I'm overly concerned with ;)

We came back last Sunday, so I've spent this week sorting out a rental to move in to, and THANK GOD for family is all I can say!
There are only a few (terrible) rentals in this area at the moment, and I was starting to freak out a bit, but Jeremys dad has a few rentals, one of which will become available on Friday, so we will take it.
The only problem is, is that it is disgusting!!
The current tenants have been in there for about 2 years, and it looks like they haven't cleaned in that long!  It's just yuck!
I really struggle to see how some people can live in such filth....
So, it will have to be completely cleaned before we can move in, which means we cant move in until the week after, so we are cutting it pretty tight with settlement on this place.
Ah well, I'm sure it will all work out :)

We are on to the next stage of the house design - the architect is currently doing the "working drawings" so once they are completed we can apply for council consent and get formal quotes etc.
It's all very exciting :)
Here are the plans:













I know it's not to everyones taste - but if we were all the same - it would be a pretty boring world huh?

Righto - time to get my gremlins to bed - I've been looking forward to this time all day!!!
They've been a bit of a handful today - pushing the boundaries in every way possible!


4 comments:

  1. I love the house plans!!! Fantastic. I love Waihi as well and that camp is great. Good luck with your future plans, they sound wonderful !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo. I just found your blog again after losing a heap of blogs when google reader shut down. I understand your excitement about building your dream home. We are doing the same thing. Nearly at lock up stage for us and then they start on the interior. Loving catching up on all your news. Your girls are so grown up. Look forward to seeing the progress of your house. If it's anything like ours, it will take a while to get council approval but will be so worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi

    The plans look great, just make sure you get some extra insulation between your bedroom and the lounge room, we did and also a thicker plasterboard...well worth it, actually we got extra throughout the whole house,and double glazed windows, our house is just over 4 years old now...in Aussie

    Cheers Peta

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I love your home's design!!!

    The ONLY thing I would re-think is the study nook. This house had one in the same sort of place... in the hallway. And there was no way I was literally sitting in a bloody cupboard in the hallway... and you jut out into the hallway if you actually sit there!

    I turned our's into a full linen cupboard and it's so much better like that. My computer is tucked into a corner in the family room and it's neat cos I can still be part of conversations, watch kids etc while I'm on my computer.

    Anyway, that's all I can see I would change on your plan... and I can't wait to see your new home take shape, ya lucky tart.

    ReplyDelete