Friday, June 6, 2014

Friday 6th June 2014

I'm still kicking along.....
I kniow the numbers don't define me, but I'm 108.1kg on the scales at present - so lower than my last update, but not as low as I "need" to be.
In saying that, my clothes are fitting better, I'm feeling better, and I'm back out walking again (albeit sporadically) so I'm happy!
Tilly is 13 months old, walking and babbling in that adorable incoherent way...
Jaynie is just over 3 years, and a handful of attitude every day...
Rhian is 10 and getting boobs!
When the hell did I become the mum of three amazing but challenging girls??
CRIKEY!!

Some days I feel that I've lost who I used to be, and I mourn that loss...
Other days I feel that I have gained so much more than I ever used to have, and I celebrate that!

It's hard to explain, so I wont try... I just wanted to say that I'm still here, I'm still happy, and I'm still me - whoever that may be!

I "gave up" Facebook a few weeks back, and ya know what??
No one noticed, and I haven't missed it!
Actually - I take that back - a few people have noticed - but life just carries on for most and my "presence" is not missed.
It's a huge reality check - but not unwarranted.

I'll be back again....

xox



5 comments:

  1. Good on you giving up Facebook! I've stripped it right back to just a few - the rest I've either deleted or "unfollowed". I've pulled back a lot from blogging too. I'm hating the control it seems to have over our lives now - well done you!! Wow, three gorgeous girls. I remember you long before you had children - isn't it amazing how long ago that is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't do Facebook much either, though I have recently started a weight loss support group on it! It all takes a lot of time out of your day eh? I still think, when reading your blog, "Wow, I've been reading all about you and your life for TEN YEARS!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please write! I enjoy your blog! It is so inspiring. I have also been following it from before you had your first child and admire you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to hear from you Jo and that things are ticking along nicely. I've been checking regularly for an update so lovely to log on today and see you've been on line. Keep smiling! Susan in Dunedin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to read there is less of you....well done, especially on the walking. Can relate to Facebook.......I need to get off and the iPad in General. I spend more time looking at recipes than cooking and then I forget I've saved them :)
    Love you xxxxx

    ReplyDelete