It's official!
I'm the worst blogger in the world!!
Christmas was wonderful, surrounded by family - bliss!
We went away camping on the 27th December with Jeremy's sister and her family, plus our best mutual friends Amy & Mike and their kids.
It was brilliant!
Everyone had an absolute ball!
I fell backwards down the steps (trying to avoid Jaynie) and managed to smash up my wrist pretty bad on Sunday.
After an ambulance ride to hospital, an x-ray, the orthopaedic specialist (plus several nurses and another Dr) forcing my bones back in to the correct position (with me waking in the middle of the manipulation attempt and screaming) then being put in to a cast, and having another x-ray, I was finally allowed to go home...
Back to hospital the next day for a 5 minute cast check... 5 hours later I was allowed home again - after they split the cast open and "hung" my arm for over an hour to reduce the swelling!!
Back to hospital the next day (again) for another 5 minute cast check, and an hour later I was home again - after they split the cast open even further and re-plastered over the top.
I'm home now, in severe pain, unable to use my hand or arm for anything, waiting on my next hospital appointment....
Not cutie cutie :(
On the up side - mum and dad have come to stay to help out - Yay!!
I can't drive.
I can't pick up Tilly or Jaynie.
I can't do my own bra up.
I can't butter toast or peel apples.
I can't change nappies or mash vegetables.
It takes me three times as long to go the loo and get my undies down, then up again!
I'm trying not to be bitter, but MY GOD, it's fucken hard work!!
I've tried codeine, Tramadol and Oxynorm as painkillers, but none of them seem to even make the slightest bit of difference.
I spoke to the head nurse about the fact that I have had WLS, and she went off to speak to someone else who seemed to think that it wouldn't make any difference to the absorption of medication, so they wont do anything else except to tell me to "deal with it" pretty much!
Bah humbug!!
I miss cuddles with my babies :(
I miss being able to have a shower :(
I miss cooking :(
I miss driving :(
First world problems right there!
And of course I'm typing this one handed.....
ARGH!!!



What a pain! That seriously looks ouch!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI feel for you so much!! And good on you for doing a post one handed! That's commitment!! lol ... looks and sounds very painful *hugs*
ReplyDeleteOuch Jo! Not good at all. Hope you heal well. Take care.
ReplyDeleteI hope it heals fast! Can't be easy with three kids and a broken wrist.
ReplyDelete