Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday 21st September 2013

So it's been over a month since I updated last - oops!!
I spent three of those weeks in Sydney having an amazingly relaxing holiday - I loved it!
The two little ones came with me, then Jeremy and Rhian joined us a week later with the intention of staying for a week.  
They loved it so much, we changed their tickets and they stayed for an extra week, and we all came home together. 
Mum and dad were staying at Steph's too and they came home at the same time, so there were 7 of us travelling together - it was wonderful :)
I LOVE Sydney! Well, actually, I LOVE spending time with my little sister!  We can sit on the couch and not say a word, or we can talk non stop for hours... I just love it.
While I was there we started walking.  At first it was just 3km or so, then it got up to almost 6 Kms every morning! And there were hills - heaps of hills!
Steph learnt pretty quickly that I could talk and walk for about the first ten minutes, then she had to let me save my breath for actually breathing!  Too funny!!
I was eating really well and managed to drop just over a kg in a week, then she dislocated her knee and I wasn't motivated enough to get out by myself, so we drank lots of wine instead!
I put on the kg that I lost, plus a little more!
Then I broke my toe, and any chance I had of even wearing shoes let alone getting out and walking went out the window!
Long story short... I went away, had a blast and gained 700 grams in 4 weeks, so I'm not too phased about it all.
I've been back for two weeks, and last night was the first time I have been able to wear shoes.
Jandals are great in Sydney and 25 degrees, not so good in Wellington and 12 degrees!

What else.....
The girls are all great.  

Tilsen is growing at a super speedy rate and its hard to believe that she is nearly five months old!  She is in the clothes that Jaynie was wearing at a year old, and is a little chunky monkey!  Her smiles light up her whole face and just melt my heart!  She is such a happy baby and very rarely cries or complains about anything - so easy going :) she wakes once a night for a little then goes straight back to sleep - it's great!  We started her on solids last week, and she has taken to it like a duck to water! 

Jaynie is still a challenge.  Still wakes up several times a night crying.  I actually had her to the doctor a couple of days ago, and he seems to think that it may be eczema that is waking her and has prescribed antihistamines and a mild steroid cream.  Not sure if it is having any affect as yet, but he said it could take a week or so, so we will just see how it goes.
She is a little firecracker and can throw a massive tantrum at the drop of a hat.  She is stubborn and demanding just like her dad, and tries my patience at every turn, but I simply adore her!  I'm sure the attitude will get better eventually :)
We found a playgroup that is run three times a week and is just down the road from us, so we started that this week.  She loves it!  It's walking distance, so it's great for me too :)

Rhian is growing in to a lovely girl, and is an amazing big sister.  She is starting to enter the early stages of puberty, so I'm sure the hormones will kick in soon and make things "interesting" but for now I am just enjoying having a caring and well mannered (most of the time) young lady in my life :)

Jeremy is busy at work and still loving owning his own business.  He quit smoking while we were in. Sydney and nearly three weeks later is still going strong! It's been a long time coming so I just hope he sticks with it this time :)

So there you have it, the past month in a nutshell....  Nothing too exciting :)



7 comments:

  1. Hi Jo, sounds like things are going very well! I'm glad you had such a good holiday and the girls sound like they are doing great. You and Steph sound like you had a ball, pity about the injuries! I just want to say well done to Jeremy - David smokes too and has done for a long time, trying regularly to quit but hasn't managed yet. I have seen something of how hard it is, so well done to Jeremy and I hope it lasts, from a virtual stranger! I also like your attitude re the holiday weight gain - not that much in the scheme of things, and good on you for keeping it in perspective. Take care, Penny xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad your holiday was so great. Well done on such a small gain, that's nothing!!

    I hope Jeremy manages to quit for good, not an easy thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowsers I remember when Rhian was born!! where did that time go?? So glad you had a great holiday and 700g?? pfft that's awesome!!! Bugger bought the broken toe ouchy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too Lyn. Hard to believe she has grown up so fast.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely post from you. Lovely that all your girls are doing so well... even with Miss Jaynie's temper tantrums. Tell Jeremy WELL DONE on the smoking (well, NON smoking) efforts. Keep it up Dude, you will reap the benefits eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are in a happy place. Love hearing about your girls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where have you disappeared? Hope everything is ok with you. Miss reading about your life. I have been following you for years. Love from Finland!

    ReplyDelete