I got these three photos made in to canvases and they are now hanging on the wall.... I LOVE them!
My back/hip/pelvis problems are still hanging around.
My GP said it was definitely NOT sciatica, and sent me off for x-rays and blood tests.
Both came back inconclusive/normal.
She prescribed me codeine and anti-inflammatories. The codeine made me sick, so I stopped taking them and asked her to prescribe me something else.
She gave me pethidine!!!
When I went to collect the script, the chemist said that they were stronger than the codeine and that if I got sick on codeine then I would get worse on pethidine, plus there was another side effect - Hallucinations!
Well, needless to say, they are sitting unopened on the kitchen counter, because there is no way that I can risk being doped up having hallucinations when I have two little ones to look after!
So..... I ended up going back to the chemist and getting some panadeine and sonaflam, and that combination has done the trick - of course neither are on prescription so are bloody expensive, but they help with the pain so I am prepared to pay :)
She then suggested I book in to see an orthopaedic specialist as she didn't know who else to refer me to.
Anyway, I was talking to my midwife about it, and she suggested an acupuncturist that is the husband of another midwife that she works with...
I was a bit apprehensive about it all, but once I learned that he was actually a back specialist in China, I was a bit more relaxed about it.
So, I went along and within 1 minute of seeing me he was 100% convinced that it IS pain from my sciatic nerve!
He did a 10 minute deep tissue massage, and then a half hour session of acupuncture, and although I still have pain, it is not nearly as bad as what it was!
Looks like my GP was wrong :(
I'm booked in to see him again this week and he reckons that after a few sessions, I should be right -YAY!
Looks like I wont need all the expensive specialists after all :)
Mum and Dad came back to stay again to help me out with the kids - it's been bloody difficult getting around and carrying stuff etc, so they have once again been an absolute Godsend!
They are going home again today, so the house will be quiet again, especially since Rhian is going back to her Dad's today as well.
Right - speaking of the kids, I better get on and get Jaynie dressed... otherwise she will still be in her PJ's at lunchtime :)



I love the photos and yay for Mums and Dads to help out! I feel sad for parents who don't have the support of grandparents - it's a hard job bringing up kids.
ReplyDeleteBugger about the ongoing pain. Fingers crossed you are on the right track to getting painfree.
ReplyDeleteThe girls are utterly gorgeous!
Wish I had parents to call on sometimes, but nope.