Monday, May 27, 2013

Monday 27th May 2013

I really do suck at this updating thing lately!
Every day I have good intentions of coming on-line and writing a witty yet heart warming post about the joys of motherhood to three gorgeous girls....
Then one of those gorgeous girls will crap their pants, or demand to be fed, or pack a tantrum over being looked at the wrong way, and all my good intentions fly out the window and I'm left wondering why the hell I even contemplated having a third child!!
I love my girls.
No, wait, I absolutely, totally, 100% ADORE my girls and wouldn't trade them for anything, but MY GOD, it's hard work with three of the little buggers!!

Tilly is a gem, she is feeding and sleeping better than the other two did at this age, and lord knows I deserve to have a good sleeper - FINALLY!!
Jaynie is still waking once a night, usually because she has kicked her blankets off or has become tangle in her sheets.
I have managed to get to her a couple of times BEFORE she wakes lately, and straighten her out, and she has actually slept right through the night on those occasion, so I've started to check on her once Tilly has had her 2am feed.
See - I'm learning - SLOWLY!

Jaynie is a "spirited" child.
She is either sleeping, or moving at a million miles an hour!
There is no "in-between" for our little pocket rocket.  I swear she doesn't understand the concept of walking!
Constantly busy is how I would describe her, and 100% full of attitude!
She definitely takes after her father on that!

Rhian is my laid back (far too much at times) girl, and if she is not stretched out in  front of the TV, she is curled up somewhere quiet on her iPad.
She rarely gives me cause for concern, although the mornings can be a bit trying when I'm "encouraging" her to get dressed and organised for school, and she would much rather lie on the bed and not move to fast or too far at all.
But, in saying that, she is not lazy at all, and is loving her gymnastics classes and her netball.
In fact, I've lost count of the amount of times that I have told her that our couch is not a trampoline!

I love my girls - all of them!
They are so different, yet so alike in many ways.
Remind me of this the next time I am stressing out about noodles in the carpet (Thanks Miss Jaynie), being late for school (that'd be you Miss Rhian), or only getting 4 hours sleep (Miss Tilly is to blame on that one!).

I'm struggling at the moment, I started getting pain in my pelvis last week, and just thought that it was sciatica.
I'd had it through all three pregnancies (so I thought), so I wasn't too surprised that it had flared up again.
By Friday of last week the pain was so bad, I actually got Jeremy home from work and went to the Doctor.
Now those of you that know me will know that I NEVER ask for help (even when I know I should) and I would never ask Jeremy to come home unless things were pretty bloody bad.
Anyway, I saw the Doctor, and she is 100% certain that it isn't sciatica, and instead sent me off for blood tests and a pelvic X-ray.
She suspects Sacroilitis which is basically just an inflammation of the sacroiliac joint in the pelvis.
She put me on codeine, anti-inflammatories and panadol, and while it has eased the pain a bit, it has brought on it's own lot of problems.
The codeine has made me feel like total shit, so I actually stopped taking it yesterday and have managed through on the anti-inflammatories and panadol, cos the benefits are outweighed by feeling miserable all day!
And of course, the breastfeeding thing has been effected majorly, because when I am feeling so crap and can barely walk, the last thing I want (or have the energy to do) is breastfeed!
And if the drugs are making me feel like that, imagine what they are doing to Tilly through my milk!
NOT FAIR!
I'm not producing enough milk to give anyway, and I am having to supplement her with formula most feeds, so it's probably not a bad thing that the decision has pretty much been taken out of my hands.

Mum and Dad have been here since last Tuesday, and I tell ya what - I would have been screwed if they weren't!
There have been times when I have been in so much pain that I haven't been able to carry the baby or run around after Jaynie or do ANYTHING except sit on the couch and feel sorry for myself!
They were supposed to be going home today, but I have asked them to stay another day, just so that I can try to rest some more.
It's driving me CRAZY being incapacitated, I HATE IT!!!

Anyway, Miss Tilly has just woken up and is looking for her breakfast, so best I get on and sort her out - she is having cuddles with Nan at the moment :)

here are some photos that were taken over the past few weeks...
I'll be back again soon ;)










4 comments:

  1. You have got the most amazingly beautiful girls !! I'm so glad your parents can stay a little longer and I totally relate to how it is - I had my two grandsons for the weekend and oh dear... Cole sounds like your Jamie - no middle button just stop and full throttle. It will get better... I hope you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous girls and all unique wee personalities. Look after yourself, the more rest you get now the sooner you will feel much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - they are all just gorgeous!!

    We have a Jaynie personality here - only he's a boy and aged 8 still constantly "busy". Got to love their different personalities. Say hi to Mum & Dad from me!

    ReplyDelete