Monday, September 17, 2012

Monday 17th September 2012

Crikey!
Time certainly flies by when you are having fun huh??
I really need to update more, or just dump the whole blog...
I haven't had much motivation for updating lately, I've had so much typing work over the past few weeks, that the last thing I want to do is actually sit down and voluntarily type...
Plus, I have made a rule for myself that while Jaynie is awake, I don't use the computer (although she is wide awake at the moment completely engrossed in a puzzle that she flatly refuses to let me help her with).
Little Miss Independent :)
And since the little minx has decided to drop one of her day sleeps - I knew it would happen sooner or later, I just wasn't expecting it this soon - it means that I have gone from having 2 x 2 hours for typing, to having 1 x 2 hour block.
It certainly limits the amount of work I can take on, but as long as the little Princess is happy - who cares huh??

After my last post about giving up carbs - I failed miserably!
Well, actually, I was 100% successful for about a week, I felt great, my tummy wasn't bloated, I had more energy..... and THEN I failed miserably!
I went for a drink with some friends, ended up completely overindulging, and pigging out of chippies.
So then the next day when the hangover hit, it was carbs that I craved, and carbs is what I had!
And from there on, it was just a slippery slope and I started eating toast and bread again!
DUMB DUMB DUMB!
So.... here I am AGAIN, ready to give up wheat/carbs again...
I know that i feel better when I'm not bloated, I know that the number on the scales comes down, I know that I have more energy, and I know that I am in a way better mood, so now it's just a matter of doing it!
ARGH!!!!
Part of it is the alcohol, I know this.
I have been drinking far too much wine lately, so it's time to make a conscious effort NOT to drink it!
It's too easy to have a glass while cooking dinner, then before I know it, the entire bottle is gone and I've got the munchies!!
So.... I don't HAVE to drink, so I'm not going to.
I'm not even going to restock the wine supplies in the house either!
If we have visitors drop in, then they will just have to be happy with a coffee :)

Rhian is due back today - she is growing up in to a really cool kid!
Chris has moved in with his girlfriend and she has a son the same age as Rhian (plus an older daughter) and they have rules at their house - it's great!
I think that in the past she has been allowed to get away with quite a bit, and we have tried to enforce the same rules at each house, but it was always a bit tough at times.
Now, she can see that other kids DO actually have rules and jobs to do and she is taking that all on board... It's great to see her blossom :)

What else?
Not a lot.... I NEED to get on top of my eating and health.
My weight was barrelling towards triple digits again, and I just CAN'T go back there again!
I just CAN'T!


5 comments:

  1. I so hear you Jo. I have just updated with my plan to stop the regain.

    Please don't stop your blog, I still get a kickout of reading your updates when you decide to do them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear my gorgoeous girls are doing so well. As for the eating and drinking.....well you know what to do. I know for myself that if I hadn't been eating the way I do I would never have coped with all that has been happening here in OZ. I would surely have lost the plot completely LOL
    You can do it.......bugger the wine, it's so not worth it.!!
    Love you to the moon & back and big cuddles for our girls :)xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't need wine to have a good time ;). I'm being good too and gone is the bloaty, lethargic feeling... it is great. Hard to keep on it but you gotta get back on the horse!!!

    Great to get updates... still check in all the time to see how you are...

    Kate (kittie444)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy the updates as well Jo!

    I want to also go low carbs - but life is a bit stressful. Meanwhile I'm treading water.

    Hang in there - your will get back on track!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jo

    I love reading your blog and I frequently check in to see how you are doing. I hope you don't dump it. You are a good writer.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete