So now it's November....
Just 7 or so weeks until Christmas - HOLY HECK!!!
Recap.....
I got the "Unofficial" results of my hearing tests and ACC claim etc.....
It's NOT industrial deafness, so ACC wont cover any costs towards anything related to it.
Bugger :(
But... when I saw the independent Ear, Nose & Throat specialist, he did give me some great advice in regards to hearing aides and spending huge amounts of money etc...
So, long story short - I'm pretty much back at the beginning again, still deaf, still struggling to interact with people, and still excluding myself from situations that I know will be challenging.
Not the ideal outcome, I know - but not much I can do at this stage...
I've had a cough since I got back from Sydney - 5 odd weeks ago! - and it looks like I'm gonna have to give in and go to the Dr on Monday if it doesn't improve over the weekend :(
Jaynie was at the Dr yesterday and she's now on antibiotics for her cough.
Tilly was on them last week....
I HATE having sick kids!
I havent had more than an hours solid sleep in more than a week, and it's totally drained me.
I was in tears yesterday, and again at 3am this morning.
I just have to pull up my big girl panties and deal with it - I know that - but it's still hard!
And draining!
I honestly haven't been on the scales for weeks and weeks - so I have NO IDEA where my weight is.
I can tell from my clothes that I have been around the same place for the past few months, so, while that is good, cos I'm not gaining, it's not "ideal" and I really need to put a bit of effort in to shifting some weight...
I will, I know I will, I'm just not "there" yet!
This is the latest pic I can find of my girls - I love them SOOOOOOO much, but each and every one of them drives me BAT SHIT CRAZY in different ways!
Good news is, Tilly has stopped gaining weight at record speed and is finally growing in to her tummy!!
Jaynie is getting taller and filling out - albeit at the slowest pace you've ever known!
So.... they share the same size clothes most of the time, except pants....
If I get them to fit Jaynies teeny tiny waist, they will be far too short for her!
And, if I get them to fit Tillys waist, they are usually too long for her!!
Hmmmmm... just means I need to go shopping more often - and to be honest - that really doesn't bother me that much! hehehehe....
Rhian is getting boobs, and she's also getting emotional (hormonal?) where everything seems to be a HUGE issue.
I'm sure I wasn't quite that bad at this age (10), but I'm just trying to go with the flow and be as up front and honest as I can be with the questions that she fires at me!
Jeremy is still busy at work and some days we barely see him, but this week he seems to have been working from home every day!
That wouldn't be an issue if his "office" wasn't our bedroom!!
We SOOOOO need a bigger house!!
I caught up with an old OLD school friend (Sheree) on Wednesday for coffee - it was fabulous!
It was almost as if we had last been in contact a few weeks ago - not 25 odd years ago!!
We've decided it will be a weekly "thing" now - and I'm really looking forward to it!
I have so few friends here, it's almost tragic!!
No one else to blame except myself and my own lack of confidence...
I know what I need to do... I've just not found anyone that I actually want to make any effort to get to know!
Maybe that's the tragic part!
Crikey!
It's 7 weeks until Christmas!
That means it's less than 7 weeks until we go away on our annual camping holiday!
This year, we decided (there are 3 families) that we would get away BEFORE Christmas day, avoid the family mayhem that often comes with it, and have a "peaceful" Christmas day.
We are heading to Waihi Beach on the 23rd Dec and coming home again on the 4th (I think I have those dates right!), so that means that "Santa" will be visiting the camp site!
It's not so bad for most of the kids, as they are all older, but we are the only ones with little ones, so while the older ones (all 9 - 12 years old) will be happy with vouchers and cash, the little 2 will still need Santa presents.
That means trying to source presents that are as SMALL as possible, cos we will have to pack them in the car and drive them all the way there (8-9 hours).
I'm hoping that Jaynie will still be obsessed with the "Frozen" movie, cos I have just ordered her an Anna & Elsa doll!
Not sure what Tilly will be getting, but I'm sure that no matter what it is, she will still be more interested in the wrapping than the actual gift, so I'm not overly concerned!
Rhian will be getting a "Xmas Tree" that is loaded with instant kiwi scratchy cards and cash - give her $200 and she will think she is a millionaire!!
Actually - that has made me think.... she is spending her Christmas day with her dad, and then flying up to where we are, so I need to organise her flights!
And here was me thinking that there wasn't actually that much more to sort out!
Oooops....
Righto - I have rambled on for long enough.....
I'll be back!
Hi Jo, just catching up, noticed this post about deafness? Must go back and read, anyway, if there's anything I can help with, I'm completely deaf in my right ear and 3/4 deaf in my left, I wear one aid in my left and I am great at lip reading and have learnt signed English as well. Long story but when growing up my parents refused to have me learn sign as they didn't want to establish me as a deaf person, which in hindsight wasn't the best outcome as I struggle for years in the hearing world, even today, so I can empathise with not wanting to go in situations where hearing will be a challenge.
ReplyDeleteAnne :)
Can you get another opinion re the cause of the deafness. If the person you saw was recommended by ACC I would definitely look to someone else. There are so many ACC horror stories about these days.
ReplyDeleteI had the cough from hell for 4 months! I hope your's doesn't linger that long.
ReplyDeleteThe girls are all growing like mushrooms.
We had the same 'problem' with getting clothes to fit Brylee, she was so tiny but tall. And Griffin was like Tilly, BIG solid baby.