Thursday, September 4, 2008
Thursday 4th September
It seems like FOREVER since I did a proper update.... so here ya go:
WASHING MACHINE.
Well, a few weeks ago we ordered a brilliant new 7.5kg monster of a washing machine, and got a great deal on it too.
STOKED!!!!!
Jeremy went and picked it up the next day and we were so excited!!!!
Yeah - I know - we get excited over dumb things!!!! lol
Anyway, he decided to fix the pipe where the water drains out in the laundry, so we went off to get some new pipe and joining bits and came home and he fixed all that....
His sister rang to say that her washing machine had blown up that day, and could she come use ours, of course we said yes, so next thing she turned up with a basketful of dirty towels, and there we all were, waiting in eager anticipation for the new beastie to begin it's working life.
All that needed to be done, was to move it in to the laundry to take it's place.
HA!!!
It seems that the bigger the capacity of the washing machine, the bigger the SIZE of it too!!!
And our laundry door is slightly smaller than the average size door, so the bloody machine didn't fit!!!!!
Jeremy (bless his heart) tried to get it through that door frame every which way, but the machine was having none of it, and after about an hour, he gave up on the idea of it actually being able to fit through the door.
A quick call to his dad for suggestions, was met with a "Take the stuffin thing back - it's too big!!!!!"
"Ummmmmmmmm, HELL NO!!!" Says Jo!!!!
"I want a big one, I'm HAVING a big one!!!"
So............................ in an effort to keep me happy............................
OFF came the door frame!!!!!!!
Now, our gorgeous new bright white monster of a washing machine, takes pride of place in the laundry - were it should be!!!!!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Of course, the laundry is one of the few rooms in the house that has actually been finished, and had the door frames sanded back and repainted..... but I guess another paint wont hurt huh??? lol
KITTENS
They are simply gorgeous to look at, and a bundle of fun to play with, but the little shits do a LOT of pooing and weeing, and we only just found where they had been doing it last night!!!!!!!!!
UNDER THE BLOODY DRESSING TABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway, the bedroom hasn't been carpeted yet (neither has the rest of the house) so luckily we were able to cut a chunk out of the make shift carpet that is on the floor, cos there was a LOT of wee!!!!!
I guess we are just damn lucky that kitten wee doesn't smell nearly as bad as cat wee, so there is no lingering smell at all - THANK GOD!!!!!
Anyway, as cute as the little rascals are, I will be glad to see them go this week.
They are going to the Cats Protection League lady here in Lower Hutt, she will raise them until they are big enough (1000grams) to be speyed or neutered, and then once they have recovered from their operations, they will be re-homed.
She already has people waiting for them, and actually has a long waiting list of people that are desperate to have a kitten in their life!
So, this way, we know that they are all going to good homes, as the league charges $120 per kitten, and I would like to think that anyone who is prepared to pay that kind of money for a moggy is going to actually take care of it!!!
We only actually have three of the little kitties at home at the moment, as one of them has already gone to the lady (Susan).
Last Saturday, the little stripey one got under Jeremy's feet, and he accidentally stood on it's leg!!!!!
It was limping pretty bad, so I rang Susan and asked her what to do.
She said to take it to the vet, and then we would see if it was broken or just bruised....
Anyway, it turns out that the poor wee mites leg was just bruised and swollen, but it needed cage rest for a few days, and there was no way that it was going to be able to get that at our place with three other kittens wanting to play with it, so Susan took him and has had him ever since.
Isn't it just perfect the way that everything always seems to work out in the end???
Anyway, the others are all going tomorrow afternoon - YAY!!!!
Then we have to wait a week until Asha's milk dries up, and then she can be speyed, so it will be NO MORE kittens for us, and most importantly - NO MORE TOM CATS HANGING AROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YeeeeeHa!!!!!
WORK
I have entered in a "Bake Off" competition at work, and my day is tomorrow!
I have decided to make my Low Fat Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese icing.
Everyone always raves about it when I make it, so I figured that I might have a chance if I make something everyone loves.
That means I will be baking up a storm tonight - lucky me!!!
The new offices here are great!
I LOVE being in such close proximity to the shops, just because it is so damn handy for everything!
I can literally walk out the door of my office, go down in the lift, walk about 50 metres and I'm in Woolworths - it's fantastic!!!!
Of course my credit card thinks otherwise, but since we are hardly talking at them moment - WHO CARES!!!! lol
The only bummer thing about our new office, is it comes with new cleaners.
And unfortunately the cleaners here are *ahem* less than honest!!!!
Both myself and my boss have had money stolen from our drawers, and although it was "only" $8 from my drawer, and $10 from my bosses drawer, it is still money that did not belong to them, and they had NO RIGHT to go through our drawers!!!
It is gutting to know that we can't trust the people that are around us, and it's safe to say that everyone now locks EVERYTHING!
Unfortunate that we have to do that, as I have NEVER had to lock anything in any work place before.
Ah well....... goes to show that maybe I am just too trusting huh????
I've been getting back in to doing some sewing lately.
Made an awesome skirt the other day with just $4 worth of material off the sale table at the local haberdashery.
Then went back a couple of days later and got some more material to make a couple more skirts.
All up they are going to cost me $7 each to make - pretty damn good huh???
I should take some pics and post them here when I am finished....
And last but not least.........
I have a lovely long weekend this weekend!
I am taking half a day tomorrow, and then having the whole of Monday off too - YAY ME!!!!!!!!
Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we can get some stuff done around the house - it will be good!!!
And that's me........... over and out
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good luck for the 'bake off'. That is a lovely carrot cake that you make. :)
ReplyDeleteHope the weather is kinder to you than here.....raining today. More time to exercise inside a little girl tells me!!!!!!
Have a good weekend, Luv Ya,
Ma xoxoxo
OOOOO to making skirts..PHOTOS WOMAN! and eeewwwww to kitty poo/wee!
ReplyDeleteLOL @ the washing machine - sounds fair enough to me that the door frame should be removed.
ReplyDeleteAs to finding where the kittens were going to the toilet - I bet you're glad that you did sooner rather than later!